3rd Bosphorus Bridge, Turkey
Asukoht: Istanbul, Türgi
Third and largest Bosphorus bridge with a unique pylon cross-section.
Suspension bridge supported by two A-shaped pylons which are amongst the highest in the world.
With the highest concrete bridge piers worldwide, it connects the European and Asian continents.
Construction: suspension bridge
Pylon height: 322 m
Span: 1.408 m
Width: 59 m (with 8 vehicle lanes and 2 railway lines)
Tellija poolsed ootused
- Unique pylon cross-section: triangular-shaped basic structure with broken corners, forward and reversed-inclined external walls, tapered cross-section
- High number of steel mounting parts with varying dimensions and positioning
- High requirements regarding surface quality and dimensional accuracy
- Tight schedule
ICA – Consortium IC Içtas / Astaldi
Shell Construction Contractor
Hyundai Engineering & Construction / SK Engineering & Construction J. V.
Samet Seyhan | Evans Baek
Construction Manager (ICA) | Deputy Project Manager (Hyundai/SK)
The pylons of the 3rd Bosphorus Bridge are unique and extremely complicated due to the inclined conical shape and the numerous embedded items. PERI ACS system was the right decision for this one of a kind bridge project because of the huge experience of PERI. Getting a competent and comprehensive support inside our tight schedule and providing completely safe working platforms at all levels and at any height was other positive aspects of PERI ACS system.
- Efficient formwork concept with ACS self-climbing system and VARIO GT 24 wall formwork for the upper area of the pylon
- Self-climbing solution allows forward and reversed-inclined external walls
- Flexible formwork easily adaptable to tapering cross-section and large-sized steel mounting parts
- Well thought-out planning of the climbing axes thus preventing any collisions with the steel mounting parts
- Compliance with strict safety requirements through anti-fall protection and additional wind and weather protection
- Just-in-time deliveries of large quantities of materials
Projektis kasutatud PERI süsteemid